What I like about the Bible
- Its length. I don’t think God could have explained the universe and the story of salvation of humans in 30 pages or even 200 pages. He needed roughly 1,000 pages (the Bible in English.)
- Its simple yet poetic use of words.
- Its pinpoint prophecies. Like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, we Seventh-day Adventists teach that God had predicted in the Bible the fall of Babylon and even given the name of its conqueror hundreds of years before it happened. This means that, hundreds of years before Cyrus was born, God predicted he would conquer Babylon.
- Why it’s not a book only for the Jews or the Gentiles, a book not only for the people in Ancient times or for the modern people but a book for everyone. I think the Gentiles could greatly benefit from reading the Old Testament and using verses from it to support claims. On the other hand, the Jews could learn a lot from reading the New Testament and accepting the Christians’ use of the Old Testament.
- My two favorite books of the Bible are Proverbs and Matthew for their poetic nature.